Need help turning your ideas into a line? Starting a clothing line can be overwhelming! And spending all your time researching, designing and producing garments… and you still aren’t sure you did it right. We can help you in every step of the way, answer all your questions and show you ways to develop your brand in ways you never thought of. We have a tried and true program to cover all the bases from protecting your brand, creating your logo, developing your line, sourcing materials, pattern making and manufacturing.
Here is an apparel start-up checklist and click on the word to take you to that specific page to learn more:
Before you begin any of the phases, we will review your ideas and create a strategy.
PHASE 1: SET-UP YOUR BUSINESS FOUNDATION
- Creating a Name – what you need to know
- Setting up your company – it’s more than just getting an LLC
- Trademarking your name and logo
- Budgeting and Finance
PHASE 2: LOGO AND BRAND IDENTITY
- Creative– we started as graphic designers, so we know our way around logo design, apparel concepts, print-ready artwork
- Logo Design – you might need different variations of your logo for one color, full color to teeny tiny to billboard size.
- Branding Strategy – we help you work out the kinks for your brand. Your overall voice for your brand.
PHASE 3: APPAREL DESIGN & DEVELOPMENT
- Fabric and Material Sourcing – elastic, neck tape, eco-friendly fabrics
- Labels, Hang Tags and Trims
- Pattern making, grading and digitizing
- Best print technique for each garment or item
- Creating samples
PHASE 4: MARKETING STRATEGY
- Packaging – create a memorable unboxing experience
- Photography/Video – Product shots and active pics, videos to create posts and tell your brand story
- Website creation
- Creating product names and names of collections
PHASE 5: PRODUCTION
- Negotiate final production pricing with suppliers
- Order for materials
- Finalize designs
- Create SKU’s
PHASE 6: SHIPPING & LOGISTICS
- Fulfillment Process
- Set-up shipping accounts and work with brokers
PHASE 7: ONGOING SUPPORT
Our team of experts will assess and identify the areas where you may need assistance: