HI! Welcome to Custom Apparel Source!
If you landed here, then you at least want to know who you will be working with right?
I have been a professional fashion and graphic designer for over 30 years starting with my college volleyball team, Southwestern Michigan college where I designed our workout and team gear. I continued my education and playing volleyball at Western Michigan University. I was introduced to print, graphic design and public relations. I have extensive experience in graphic design, custom apparel design/production, logo/branding, packaging (food) marketing materials, presentations, promotional products and social media.
I always love a challenge! If you have a new idea or concept, I’d love to collaborate together in finding a solution.
Being at it this long, I have learned a thing or two and I think that makes me stand out from other factories or agencies you are vetting, in that I’m a great sounding board for your ideas and then working through the process to create deliverables that work! I have a knack for being given a simple sketch or idea and then delivering out-of-the box ideas and designs. I stay on top of trends, work with the latest creative software and I’m always learning new techniques. You have to in this business. I get inspiration from so many different venues.
I work remotely for 90% of the projects and many clients are from all over the world.
Really Cool Projects
– Developed entire brand from logo to apparel design to tech packs for a Grateful Dead related company.
– Work with professional athletes in creating custom graphics and designs for their own start-ups –
Worked with Olympics, NFL, Nike and Gatorade in creating unique apparel and presentation products.
– Lacrosse – work with multi-store owners in designing and producing custom Lacrosse uniforms for rec to high school to college teams.
– Creating logo and branding for 1,000+ companies
– Created first hockey and baseball jersey designs for Made in Detroit (Kid Rock’s line)
– Big Brothers and Big Sisters needed 1,000 embroidered hats in 3 days and we delivered!
– Named one of Cycling Industry’s best designer and sought after by major brands
– Logo design and branding – Business card design – PowerPoint presentations –
Vector based graphics and able convert jpg to vector.
– Print – catalogs, pitch decks, posters, flyers, brochures
– Infographics and icon design for social media, annual reports and informational materials
– Software: Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign, PowerPoint, Word, Pages, Excel, Notes, WordPress
– Product Development
– Sublimated apparel and accessories development – Custom Sports Apparel – Tech Packs
– Cut & Sew Manufacturing
– Apparel decoration techniques include Silk-screen, dye sublimation, embroidery and DTG.
– Work side-by-side with factories in USA and America’s to create sustainable products
– Network with global apparel manufacturers for over 30 years
– Fabric, Trim and Packaging working with the latest and custom materials
Western Michigan University. Kalamazoo, MI Bachelor of Science. Public Relations and Journalism degree. Division I Full-ride athletic scholarship in volleyball and played on the #16 national ranked team.
Southwestern Michigan College. Dowagiac, MI. Associate in Arts. Graphic Design specific. Full-ride scholarship for volleyball and basketball for the #2 national ranked team.
– Sports/Global Cycling Company – apparel designer, catalog, photoshoots, ad development, worked with teams in creating custom apparel, major retail brands for sponsorship
– Food Packaging – responsible for $35M artwork for food packaging production – regional sales rep calling on various ad agencies to select high-end paper productions for marketing and sales collateral
– Website design and marketing
– My fav job…working at a surf store at the shore in college.
Non-profit and Professional Board Positions
2016-Present – Mecklenburg Country Parks and Recreation. Athletic Advisory Council Board member.
2020 – present – Ronald McDonald House in Charlotte.Marketing Committee for various fundraising events.
2016-Present – America’s Toothfairy. Marketing Committee. Assist with special events, provide merchandise and promotional products.
Other cool stuff I’m involved in:
CSCA – Charlotte Society of Communicating Arts, Vice President, Event Coordinator, Newsletter writer/designer/editor
Charlotte Sports Network, Founder
BNI – Business Network International – Founding Ballantyne, NC Member. Marketing Committee, Vice President.
TNBA – The National Business Association of Sports. Vice President, Marketing Committee, Website designer, Official Greeter.
Special Olympics – Camp Counselor
Junior Olympics Volleyball – Coach