HI! Welcome to Custom Apparel Source!
If you landed here, then you at least want to know who you will be working with right?
I’m Mariellen Auer and I have been a professional fashion and graphic designer for over 30 years. My passion for sports and apparel started with my college volleyball team, Southwestern Michigan College where I designed our team apparel. I continued my education and playing volleyball at Western Michigan University, where I was introduced to print, graphic design and public relations classes. I am lucky enough to have combined my love of sports and apparel/graphic design into a lifetime career. I always wanted to be a teacher and coach, and through my consulting services I get to work with a diverse clientele and educate them on apparel design and development. I learn just as much from them as they do from me.
I always love a challenge! If you have a new idea or concept, I’d love to collaborate together in finding a solution.
Being at it this long, I have learned a thing or two and I think that makes me stand out from companies you are vetting, in that I’m a great sounding board for your ideas and then working through the process to create deliverables that work! I have a knack for being given a simple sketch or idea and then delivering an out-of-the box ideas and designs. I stay on top of trends, I work with the latest creative software and I’m always learning new techniques. You have to in this business. I get inspiration from so many different industries.
I work remotely with 90% of our projects and many clients are from all over the world. So don’t let the your location stop you from reaching out.
Here Are Some Really Cool Projects I’ve Worked On
- Developed entire brand from logo to apparel design to tech packs for a Grateful Dead related company.
- Work with professional athletes in creating custom graphics and designs for their own start-ups.
- Worked directly with Olympics, NFL, Nike and Gatorade in creating unique apparel and presentation products.
- Multi-store lacrosse owners sought me out to design and produce custom Lacrosse uniforms for rec to high school to college teams.
- Created logo and branding for 1,000+ companies
- Created first hockey and baseball jersey designs for Made in Detroit (Kid Rock’s line)
- Big Brothers and Big Sisters needed 1,000 embroidered hats in 3 days and we delivered!
- Named one of Cycling Industry’s best designer and sought after by major retail brands to provide custom designs
- Logo design and branding
- Business card design
- PowerPoint presentations
- Vector based graphics and able convert jpg to vector.
- Extensive print background – Create catalogs, pitch decks, posters, flyers, brochures. Photography, copywriting, paper selection, select top printers in the country
- Infographics and icon design for social media, annual reports and informational materials
- Expert in various Software: Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign, PowerPoint, Word, Pages, Excel, WordPress
- Catchy T-shirt designs
- Unique apparel designs for retail brands, apparel collections, sports teams and more
- Product Development
- Sublimated apparel and accessories
- Tech Packs
- Know how to get graphics print ready in various formats
- Cut & Sew Manufacturing
- Apparel decoration techniques include Silk-screen, dye sublimation, embroidery and DTG
- Work side-by-side with factories in USA and the Americas to create sustainable products
- Network with global apparel manufacturers for over 30 years
- Fabric, Trim and Packaging working with the latest and custom materials
Western Michigan University. Kalamazoo, MI. Bachelor of Science. Public Relations and Journalism degree. Division I. Received full-ride athletic scholarship in volleyball and played on the #16 national ranked team. Worked in the sports department providing graphic design and marketing support.
Southwestern Michigan College. Dowagiac, MI. Associate in Arts. Graphic Design specific. Received full-ride scholarship for the #2 national ranked team volleyball and also played. basketball.
- Sports/Global Cycling Company – apparel designer, catalog, photoshoots, ad development, worked with teams in creating custom apparel, major retail brands for sponsorship
- Food Packaging – responsible for $35M artwork for food packaging production – regional sales rep calling on various ad agencies to select high-end paper productions for marketing and sales collateral
- My fav job…working at a surf store at the beach
Non-profit and Professional Board Positions
2016-Present – Mecklenburg Country Parks and Recreation. Athletic Advisory Council Board member.
2020 – present – Ronald McDonald House in Charlotte. Marketing Committee for various fundraising events.
2016-Present – America’s Toothfairy. Marketing Committee. Assist with special events, provide merchandise and promotional products.
- Other cool stuff I’m involved in:
- CSCA – Charlotte Society of Communicating Arts, Vice President, Event Coordinator, Newsletter writer/designer/editor
- Charlotte Sports Network, Founder Advocate to connect sports business leaders and owners.
- BNI – Business Network International, Marketing Committee, Vice President.
- TNBA – The National Business Association of Sports. Vice President, Marketing Committee, Website designer, Official Greeter.
- Special Olympics – Camp Counselor
- Junior Olympics Volleyball – Coach