HI! Welcome to Custom Apparel Source!
If you landed here, then you at least want to know who you will be working with right?
I’m Mariellen Auer and I have been a professional fashion and graphic designer for over 30 years. My passion for sports and apparel started with my college volleyball team, Southwestern Michigan College where I designed our team apparel. I continued my education and playing volleyball at Western Michigan University, where I was introduced to print, graphic design and public relations classes. I am lucky enough to have combined my love of sports and apparel/graphic design into a lifetime career. I always wanted to be a teacher and coach, and through my consulting services I get to work with a diverse clientele and educate them on apparel design and development. I learn just as much from them as they do from me.
I always love a challenge! If you have a new idea or concept, I’d love to collaborate together in finding a solution.
Being at it this long, I have learned a thing or two and I think that makes me stand out from companies you are vetting, in that I’m a great sounding board for your ideas and then working through the process to create deliverables that work! I have a knack for being given a simple sketch or idea and then delivering an out-of-the box ideas and designs. I stay on top of trends, I work with the latest creative software and I’m always learning new techniques. You have to in this business. I get inspiration from so many different industries.
I work remotely with 90% of our projects and many clients are from all over the world. So don’t let the your location stop you from reaching out.
Really Cool Projects
– Developed entire brand from logo to apparel design to tech packs for a Grateful Dead related company.
– Work with professional athletes in creating custom graphics and designs for their own start-ups.
– Olympics, NFL, Nike and Gatorade in creating unique apparel and presentation products.
– Multi-store lacrosse owners sought me out to design and produce custom Lacrosse uniforms for rec to high school to college teams.
– Created logo and branding for 1,000+ companies
– Created first hockey and baseball jersey designs for Made in Detroit (Kid Rock’s line)
– Big Brothers and Big Sisters needed 1,000 embroidered hats in 3 days and we delivered!
– Named one of Cycling Industry’s best designer and sought after by major retail brands to provide custom designs
– Logo design and branding
– Business card design
– PowerPoint presentations
– Vector based graphics and able convert jpg to vector.
– Extensive print background – Create catalogs, pitch decks, posters, flyers, brochures. Photography, copywriting, paper selection, select top printers in the country
– Infographics and icon design for social media, annual reports and informational materials
– Expert in various Software: Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign, PowerPoint, Word, Pages, Excel, WordPress
– Catchy T-shirt designs
– Unique apparel designs for retail brands, apparel collections, sports teams and more
– Product Development
– Sublimated apparel and accessories
– Tech Packs
– Know how to get graphics print ready in various formats
– Cut & Sew Manufacturing
– Apparel decoration techniques include Silk-screen, dye sublimation, embroidery and DTG
– Work side-by-side with factories in USA and America’s to create sustainable products
– Network with global apparel manufacturers for over 30 years
– Fabric, Trim and Packaging working with the latest and custom materials
Western Michigan University. Kalamazoo, MI. Bachelor of Science. Public Relations and Journalism degree. Division I. Received full-ride athletic scholarship in volleyball and played on the #16 national ranked team. Worked in the sports department providing graphic design and marketing support.
Southwestern Michigan College. Dowagiac, MI. Associate in Arts. Graphic Design specific. Received full-ride scholarship for the #2 national ranked team volleyball and also played. basketball.
– Sports/Global Cycling Company – apparel designer, catalog, photoshoots, ad development, worked with teams in creating custom apparel, major retail brands for sponsorship
– Food Packaging – responsible for $35M artwork for food packaging production – regional sales rep calling on various ad agencies to select high-end paper productions for marketing and sales collateral
– Website design and marketing
– My fav job…working at a surf store at the beach during in college.
Non-profit and Professional Board Positions
2016-Present – Mecklenburg Country Parks and Recreation. Athletic Advisory Council Board member.
2020 – present – Ronald McDonald House in Charlotte. Marketing Committee for various fundraising events.
2016-Present – America’s Toothfairy. Marketing Committee. Assist with special events, provide merchandise and promotional products.
Other cool stuff I’m involved in:
CSCA – Charlotte Society of Communicating Arts, Vice President, Event Coordinator, Newsletter writer/designer/editor
Charlotte Sports Network, Founder Advocate to connect sports business leaders and owners.
BNI – Business Network International, Marketing Committee, Vice President.
TNBA – The National Business Association of Sports. Vice President, Marketing Committee, Website designer, Official Greeter.
Special Olympics – Camp Counselor
Junior Olympics Volleyball – Coach