Custom sublimated uniforms, sublimated jerseys, fan gear and sports apparel is becoming more and more the norm. The reason people choose sublimation printing, is because colors are unlimited, in fact you can even print a photograph! The fabric we print on is always in stock and you can do small or large runs with consistency.
What is Sublimation?
The artwork is printed on coated heat-resistant transfer paper as a reverse image of the final design much like the application of a temporary tattoo. The image is printed as a mirror image then heat pressed into the fabric so the inks create a gas and fuses with the fibers in the fabric. The second step is very important and some printers don’t take the time, but we have to “cure” the fabric after it’s printed. This ensures the quality of the ink and withstanding fading over time.
Advantages of dye-sublimation over other methods of textile printing:
- Images are permanent and do not peel or fade
- Dye does not build up on the fabric
- Colors can be extraordinarily brilliant due to the bonding of the dye to the transparent fibers of the synthetic fabric
- Truly continuous tones can be achieved that are equivalent to photographs, without the use special techniques
- The image can be printed all over the entire item, with no difficulty in printing all the way to the edges
What type of fabric do we use?
Sublimation requires mostly polyester fabric for the heat print process as described above. Some fabrics have cotton mixed in for a different softer feel. However we typically use a performance based fabric that provides wicking, anti-microbial and in some cases UPF protection.
We offer a custom hang tags and custom poly bags if you don’t already have them produced.
Click here for the full catalog: Sublimated Catalog
Please contact us to place an order or questions. Reach out to Palmer email@example.com.